top of page

Amos Williams


Burrows Harbour


D-153 (150 acres, 9 July 1790)

Amos Williams. Origin: Old Family Name.

Amos was granted 150 acres on 9 July 1790 in the Burrows Harbour area of Long Island, and given grant number D-153. A grant of the same number was issued to Thomas Tyack/Tysack on the same day. An Amos Williams (almost certainly not the same man, but perhaps the grantee’s father or grandfather), was listed in the 1731 census as living with a woman and two children. A John and Maria Williams are also listed in Births and Baptisms, as early as 1721.

Reference: Land Grants, 1731 Census, JR

For a more detailed look at the archive:

bottom of page