D-10 (200 acres, Sept 2nd 1790)
George Calveras. Origin: Loyalist.
George Calveras was a Corporal in Captain Samuel Rowarth’s Company, Kings Rangers, Augusta Georgia. He was granted 200 acres in the Pettys area of Long Island on 2 September 1790. The grant was bounded by the land of Philip Fry, John Hunt, and by the sea on two sides. However, this land was later commuted to Arthur Newman.
Other members of the Kings Rangers who received Long Island land grants were: Captain Alexander Campbell Wylly, Private James Lane, Private James White, Private George Outlaw and Sergeant James Clements. On the Tatnall Map, his name is spelled “Calveres.”